Musselburgh Art Club Members Committee Meetings Minutes

As the club advised at the last AGM we will publish the minutes of the meeting onto the Club website.
This page has a password and is for fully paid members of MAC and you may have to enter the password more than once.

You must have a document reader installed on your device and you may have to enter the password more than once.

In the event of any questions or suggestions please email the club secretary directly but please appreciate we can not support the members access to the webserver. 

Club Minutes 2018-2019
Rolling file with new section at top of document.

MUSSELBURGH ART CLUB

COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES 4 February 2019 19:00-21:00

¬¬In attendance: Jean, Kay, Kenny, Maureen, Scott, Sheila

Absences: Adele

1 Previous Meeting Minutes

Kay confirmed that the November meeting minutes would be available soon. December’s minutes were read and approved.

2 Update on Treasurer Position

Adele to take over as Treasurer from Kathleen soon. Names need to be changed on the club account.

3 Exhibition News

A sub-group is to be formed to look after the summer exhibition. Alistair is looked for another non-committee member to join him and Adele and is looking for suggestions on how the planning to be organised.

The Town Hall is provisionally booked – just a H&S form to complete (Scott to action). Charlie Roper will be contacted to discuss H&S issues and to provide a list of contacts for the exhibition. Also need to check if public liability insurance is covered through the SAA – Scott to contact them.

Set-up instructions for the exhibition, booking form etc. should be written up for all to use. Maureen to speak to Douglas about how it has been done previously.

Maureen purchased a cash box for use at the exhibition to make cash handling easier. It was suggested that committee members all take a turn at opening up with the cash taken away at the end of the day, with the cash box and float left at the Town Hall. To be discussed with Adele at the next committee meeting.

Wine glasses need to be sourced for the opening night. These were priced up during the meeting.

Maureen has prepared a list of members’ paintings that are displayed outside of club premises (Levenhall and the surgeries). Members are to be contacted for new paintings to display and the current artwork needs to be rotated. The set-up is to be completed by Maureen with assistance from other members – an email to be sent out once dates are known.

4 Website – Members’ section

Scott has created a password-protected members’ section on the Club website. This will include meeting minutes, Constitution and other notices, and will also include a section for members to leave messages. This will be managed by Scott.

5 Storage at the club house

Eileen brought up the issue of paintings / blank canvases being stored in the drying racks and taking up space that others may need – members are to be contacted to remove paintings if they are no longer being worked on in order to free up space.

6 AOB

A Suggestions Board is to be set up at the club house with Post-It notes for members to leave comments and suggestions for the club.

A letter about TV licensing has been received. They have been notified that the club doesn’t require a licence.

The hot water tap is to be replaced again as it’s been overtightened and isn’t working properly. Hot water is a necessity so the work does need to be done.

The Club was contacted recently by someone wishing to donate art materials. If anyone else contacts the club we are to ask what the donation is so it can be discussed by the Committee before anything is accepted.

Date of next meeting: Monday 4th March, 19:00.

Minutes from Musselburgh Art Club committee meeting 17th December 2018

Present: Adele (Chairperson), Alastair, Robin, Jean, Eileen, Maureen, Kenny
Apologies : Kay, Scott

 

1/. No minutes available from last meeting. Kay has had work commitments but will have them ready for next meeting.

2/. No update available. Kathleen (Treasurer) has had other commitments and not been able to attend to any Club matters.
Adele advised that she already has the  paperwork to update the signatories at the bank when Kathleen officially leaves the post of Treasurer. 
The current membership numbers are not known. The important matter of nonpayment of membership fees will be discussed after Adele assumes the role of Treasurer in February. Fees remaining unpaid four months after the due date is unacceptable.

3/. The joint Crit night with Musselburgh Camera Club and MAC has been arranged for Thursday 28th March 2019 at the Fisherrow Community Centre. Peter Gray (MAC member) has agreed to crit our artwork and John Fowler (MCC member) the photography.

4/. Scott will explain more at our next meeting about the member’s area on the website and provide training on how to use it for accessing Treasurer’s reports and minutes which will be stored there.

5/. Alastair has the know- how and experience in obtaining grants and already has some ideas on who to contact. Such funding could be available for maintenance, promoting the annual exhibition, tutors. A small sub committee would be created including Alastair, Adele and one other Club member. The membership will be approached for any ideas and suggestions. 

6/. Maureen has a book listing all painting displayed outwith the Club at Levenhall Community Centre and the Tesco Surgeries and will arrange for photocopied sheets to be displayed for members to see.

7/. Robin is to contact Douglas about booking the Old Town Hall for period 31/07/19 to 10/08/19 and any other information about preparing for the summer exhibition. It was proposed to create sub-committees including Club members to prepare for the exhibition. Volunteers will be needed as it is too much work for the Committee alone.

8/. DONM – 4th February 2019. Chaired by Kenny.

 Minutes from Musselburgh Art Club committee meeting 17th December 2018


Present: Adele (Chairperson), Alastair, Robin, Jean, Eileen, Maureen, Kenny
Apologies : Kay, Scott

1/. No minutes available from last meeting. Kay has had work commitments but will have them ready for next meeting Completed & published.

2/. No update available. Kathleen (Treasurer) has had other commitments and not been able to attend to any Club matters.
Adele advised that she already has the  paperwork to update the signatories at the bank when Kathleen officially leaves the post of Treasurer. 
The current membership numbers are not known. The important matter of nonpayment of membership fees will be discussed after Adele assumes the role of Treasurer in February. Fees remaining unpaid four months after the due date is unacceptable.

3/. The joint Crit night with Musselburgh Camera Club and MAC has been arranged for Thursday 28th March 2019at the Fisherrow Community Centre. Peter Gray (MAC member) has agreed to crit our artwork and John Fowler (MCC member) the photography.

4/. Scott will explain more at our next meeting about the member’s area on the website and provide training on how to use it for accessing Treasurer’s reports and minutes which will be stored there.

5/. Alastair has the know how and experience in obtaining grants and already has some ideas on who to contact. Such funding could be available for maintenance, promoting the annual exhibition, tutors. A small sub committee would be created including Alastair, Adele and one other Club member. The membership will be approached for any ideas and suggestions. 

6/. Maureen has a book listing all painting displayed outwith the Club at Levenhall Community Centre and the Tesco Surgeries and will arrange for photocopied sheets to be displayed for members to see.

7/. Robin is to contact Douglas about booking the Old Town Hall for period 31/07/19 to 10/08/19 and any other information about preparing for the summer exhibition. It was proposed to create subcommittees including Club members to prepare for the exhibition. Volunteers will be needed as it is too much work for the Committee alone.

8/. DONM – 4th February 2019. Chaired by Kenny

MUSSELBURGH ART CLUB

COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES                                                          15 October 2018             19:00-21:20

­­In attendance: Adele, Eileen, Kathleen, Kay, Kenny, Maureen, Scott

Absences: None

1            Kathleen

              Kathleen announced her resignation from the role of Treasurer. She will continue with the accounts until the end of January but won’t participate in any more committee meetings.

              Adele agreed to take on role of treasurer, with assistance with post, banking etc. Assistance with this role does not necessarily need to be someone from within the club.

2            Exhibition

              The annual exhibition is the next major event the committee need to consider. Booking for the venue will need to be done soon.             

              Separate management team required for organising the exhibition? Douglas has agreed to carry on helping out with this but it is a lot of work just for a small number of people. A committed team sorted out early on will be needed for it to go ahead.

              Speak to club members directly rather than an anonymous email (about exhibition as well as committee membership) – very few people replied the last time this was tried.

3            Committee Issues

              There are six committee members at present. This is the minimum number that there can be as per the constitution. If not all committee members attend a meeting, the meeting cannot go ahead.

              Need to ask club members if they want to join the committee. It would be good to have more than eight members, so that it is not imperative that everyone turns up for each meeting.

              Kay to send email to all club members regarding the changes to the committee and the need for new members. There is to be an open invitation to the next committee meeting for any interested members.

4            Suggestions

              Painting ledge on end wall – to allow artists to put their work against a blank wall and look at it from a distance. Adele to take measurements and speak to Robin Renton (who came up with the idea) to action this.

              The wall of paintings within the club house was discussed. It was agreed that the paintings need to be refreshed and that members will be contacted to put new paintings up.

 

5            Other issues

              Need to look into when OSCR renewal is due and how to go about this.  

              Constitution needs to be updated re: removing ‘Junior’, ‘Student’ and ‘Honorary’ membership. Kay to action.

              The suggestion of club events, e.g. sketching outings, exhibition visits was brought up. Any such events should be communicated to members via email as well as posting notices at the club house.

6            Club membership

              Membership cards – some members were unaware of these. Adele to find template so these can be issued to members.

              A reminder about membership renewals, along with bank details for anyone wishing to pay online, will be sent out very soon.

              A system is needed for membership details to be stored electronically.

              Website: to reduce the number of people contacting the club about membership, Kenny suggested mentioning on the website the popular days/times at the club house so prospective members can drop in. Members’ contact details should not be put on the website.

              Membership forms should be more accessible – shouldn’t be kept in the locked cupboard.

Date of next meeting: 12 November 2018 at 19:00.

 

 

 

info@musselburghartclub.com

 www.musselburghartclub.com

https://www.facebook.com/musselburghartclub/

Email to info@musselburghartclub.com

 Musselburgh Art Club is a registered charity number SC004305 and is supported by East Lothian Council. 

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.